Such warm, friendly people & can tell stories for days... it's been great! Picts from the hike attached... one special thing I was able to light a candle in the church here... of course I prayed for all my family; and Gave many thanks for our safe Journey... & a special prayer for Dad..."I made it to where it all began Dad" 💕
So I have to add, ... I was not able to quite keep up w/ the Pace of the others...they all took a ride w/Chris way up a steep hill to the light house... (I was not up to it at the time) Upon waking from my nap though Helen announced that " anyone who wanted to leave the Island the next day had to leave on the 10 a.m Ferry; the weather was expected to be bad)... so there went my thoughts about seeing the Light House on Sunday.... we didn't have to be at dinner until 7:30 at Susan's house... it was about 4:30... I decided to look for a taxi ride to see the Light House, now I am "cramming a bit" , but I am determined to see the Light House, after reading Jackie's book, I HAD to get there!!- No Taxi's were avail... the Island was a bit desolate due to a "Foot Ball" game on the neighboring Island... Of course Bob was being protective... & honestly I did NOT realize how far it was to the Lighthouse, so anyway he joined me & actually did a great job of using his charm to get us a ride w/ Terry a woman who was helping the Lighthouse Staff for the weekend at the Lighthouse... so he tells me that it has been converted to a hotel, but they charge close to 600 Euro/ night; so we chose not to logde there, besides we want to stay at the Inn run by our relatives. They do a great job!
Bob & I did have to walk back, and we made it back by 7:00... but I was worried because we had broken the Rule... we left the Inn & did not tell the others where we were going....( my bad, but this all started w/ me thinking I was grabbing a taxi & I had told Bob, but then he joined me- Woops) He tried to text of course there was a "message failure"... It was actually great to make it up to the Light House though & I enjoyed the fast paced walk back w/ Bob- we hoofed it!!
The Dinner party was Extraordinary... they do too much & spoil us... it is wonderful to meet and be related to this group- "the whole Lot"; as they would say. They served a Pollack fish that Pauric had caught the week before, isn't that amazing!!! Of course afterwards we had to go meet up w/ Helen at Sailors Pub, by then it was about 11 p.m.- We ended up drinking a few more pints and they had Irish music... so of course I had to dance the Irish dancing I had always seen the Creighton's do many years ago - I gave it a good Go, & then fell on my rear end in front of everyone, not my finest hour- but we had a Blast!! It was our last night on the Island, so of course Dave and I stayed out until 2 a.m.- Memories to last a Lifetime!!
Angus Cattle in the field
Hike in the wind!
markings on the sheep, they share pasture here.
I made it to the Light House... Thank you Bob, I Love You!!
Private Yoga Sesh in the morn on the Atlantic- Awesome!! Susan gets photo creds + she swam- Brrr!
Thinking of my Loved ones!!
Susan & Pauric; our Amazing Host couple!
Jeanine w/ Nellie... Jackie's sister ( what a sweetie!)
During Dinner... Joe Beatty, myself, Eily Vaughn & Susan O'Grady
@ The Sailors Pub... the guy that worked there wanted to be a part of our Family - Ha!
When in Ireland...(too much Fun!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment