Monday, September 11, 2017

9/11/17- yesterday we traveled from Clare Island to Clifden.  All the relatives saw us off at the Pier.
They are so warm & friendly... Susan, Pauric, Helen, Chris & Nellie all saw us off at the Pier.
Our relatives run the Ferry service & the waters were rough.   Since Eily Vaughn had made the trip to the Island to be w/ us on Sat eve- the ladies all drove together in her car... she is an absolute sweetheart!   The Group wanted to tour a Castle along the way, but Eily mentioned she had asked Tom to put a "Fire on"... so the offer to go back to her house & lie down was really appreciated and I took her up on it!!  I enjoyed my one on one time w/ Eily very much and meeting her husband Tom & seeing their beautiful home was a perfect afternoon & of course I had a cup of tea.

 We ended up checking in to the Abbeyglen Castle in Clifden yesterday. My first time staying in a castlešŸ˜‰- Clifden is a Great town !- we all shopped; we had to go to  Carol Ann's store...
"The Vintage  had seafood chowder for lunch & walked around today. ( finished my souvenir shopping for the little ones)- back at the castle now resting & we are invited to Jackie & Marion's house for a drink before going out for a nice dinner. We will meet the Father of the many cousins who have entertained us tonight; Jackie O Grady the author of the book.

Bob & Jeanie have arranged for a very special evening by treating everyone to a wonderful Dinner to honor Jackie and give us all a chance to be acquainted w/ him and his beautiful wife.

 
I thought this tower looked like a "Rook"- I snuck in some exercise here tucked away where I hoped no one could see me.

 
Our Castle awaits!

The Entrance... notice the warm glow in the fireplace... Lovely!!

 
Picturesque!

No comments:

Post a Comment